Current time: 12-17-2017, 03:20 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help needeed with Yonstoptech BS1078
06-18-2015, 01:36 PM
Help needeed with Yonstoptech BS1078
Hi All,
I hope someone can help please ... I have a generic Allwinner A31S tablet, a Yonestoptech BS1078 (board markings), it also shows as a Q102 in Settings/About Tablet stats.
A short while back I was having random problems, and did a factory reset, it rebooted into recovery and stuck there, and now will only boot into recovery and no more, the recovery has been a problem from new (This seems to be a common problem with the device), the keys wont select any of the options.
I've tried the various functions of the GpG tool with no success, tablet shows as an android ADB device in device manager, in ADB itself it shows as a number #### Recovery, which suggests that the device drivers are OK.
I've tried various reflash tools ie. Livesuite, Phoenix suite, Phoenixcard, and more recently Phoenix USB Pro, using apparently correct firmware (sun6i_android_fiber-bs1078-OK.img with the key AW_LCTOOLS.key) This has been downloaded from different sources, but so far no success in reflashing the tablet.
Can you suggest please , anything further to try, any advice would be appreciated. ... J.
PS. Android OS is 4.4.2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2015, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2015 11:12 AM by ankur pratap.)
RE: Help needeed with Yonstoptech BS1078
Try to hard reset the tablet with Android multi tool
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-19-2015, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2015 04:04 PM by jachol.)
[attachment=391][attachment=390]Hi Ankur,
Thanks for your response. I think maybe I tried Android multi-tool before. Tried again ... tablet is showing in Device Manager as Android ADB interface.
Options 1-5 all work, but when tablet reboots it goes directly to the faulty recovery. None of the fastboot options are accessible.
S gives the result in my attachment, not sure if this helps ?.I think I need a full reflash if only i could get that to work ... J.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-22-2015, 10:47 AM
BOard id which you have shared is genuine to your tablet
06-22-2015, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2015 05:25 PM by jachol.)
            Thanks again .. Board ID is on PCB (see screenshot)

Also when I try to flash I'm not getting the green tick to proceed( another screenshot) Can you see a problem there ?. I was thinking driver problem maybe, but device shows OK in Device manager further screenshot attached

PS. I can't ID the chipset all chips apear to be covered in epoxy ?.
06-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Firmware you are using is not compatible with your tablet
06-23-2015, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2015 11:45 PM by jachol.)
OK Ankur, that could be the problem, but all indications the the firmware I have appear to be correct ... I've downloaded from these two sites ...
1. http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.co.u...ock_94.htm

2. https://www.copy.com/s/t%3ArPuqVe4GQxwG%...04.4.2.zip
I've also tried this link obtained from XDA developers with no success,
indications I've had suggest that the link is dead.

3. http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=16790...ory/type=0
although I must admit I haven't found it easy to navigate around this chinese site.

Can you possibly suggest another source please, I'm at a dead end. ... J

PS. Sorry links I've posted don't work here, though I can still open them directly from my PC
06-24-2015, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2015 11:21 AM by ankur pratap.)
Firstly, you have to root your tablet with Root genius
Link to pan baidu is firmware which you have posted third in a row
Use Phoenix tool for flashing
06-24-2015, 01:36 PM
ankur ... tablet came rooted from new, but I don't see how I could possibly root the tab, when I can only boot into recovery which I've already said doesn't work.
I'll try again to get the firmware from the chinese site, I've had no success there at all previously.
I did find another link which appears to be correct, you need to register before it's possible to download.

http://vondroid.com/resources/q102-a31s-...YpjtVKpoTU
06-25-2015, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2015 11:39 AM by ankur pratap.)
Firmware is genuine try to use phoenix usb pro